Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Time Flies...

I don't know why it's all of a sudden hit me that my kids are growing up. Fast. Or maybe I'm just getting old fast. Regardless if I am getting old, so are they. Yesterday we attended Holden's preschool graduation. I just can't believe that's where we are. One is almost three and the other is starting Kindergarten!

Their program was super cute. They sang 'Itsy Bitsy Spider' in different genres: country, rap, acoustic, rock, classical. Holden prop was country.








We had some minor wardrobe issues...







Thanks so much to my good friend Marcie for taking such great pictures!

Holden started Mother's Day Out when he was 1 and we were lucky enough to get in a class with really great kids with really great parents. The kids made fast friends and so did we. I simply cannot believe how big they have gotten!



I might be the only parent that really dreads summer break. Maybe once we are getting up early 5 days a week for 9 months I will look forward to it, but for right now it's just an anxious ball in my stomach saying "When will the work get done?" "What am I going to do to keep my to balls of energy occupied all summer?" I decided to come up with a sort of schedule.

Sunday: Church/Family day with a washing of bed linens. ;)

Monday: Park/Picnic Day - We would like to visit as many of the Metro Nashville Parks as possible and rate them based on playground, restrooms, shade, etc. to find the BEST park in Nashville. Mind you, there are over 100 Nashville parks, so we won't put a dent in the list, but it will be fun trying!

Tuesday: I have to keep this day open for a work day, so it will probably be a stay close to home/clean the house, play it by ear sort of day. Of course Blue Coast will still happen in the evenings. :)

Wednesday: I would like to designate Wednesday as a pool day if the weather is nice, and library storytime if it's not.

Thursday: Work Day. I have a sitter scheduled for this day. Somethings just can't change when there are things to do, babies to save.

Friday: Pancake & Pinterest day. This is when the kids and I peruse Pinterest (they love it) and find fun experiments or crafts to do. Last Friday we did bubble snakes. Ours didn't turn out much like snakes, but the kids had a blast and made a "mess" with bubbles. 






Ignore the PJs. Did I say Pancakes & Pinterest? Let's make it Pancakes, Pinterest & PJ day (for good measure)

Saturday: Nicholas works on Saturdays so it will most likely be another pool day for we that enjoy soaking in the sun. 

There will be a lot of interruptions with things like Adelaide's birthday, Ethiopia, Florida & Ohio, but otherwise I must stick to a schedule or my brain will simply explode. 

Yummy Pineapple Banana Smoothie




5-6 Ice Cubes
1.5 cups water
1 cup apple juice
3 tbsp chia seed
2 tbsp peanut butter
2 medium bananas
2-3 large handfuls spinach (stuff it in there)
3/4 cup frozen pinapple chunks

Blend & Serve; makes 4 servings


In other news:

* Our AC broke. Funtimes in homeownership. Will be fixed today thankfully.
* I completely chopped my hair off. Wasn't really planning on it, but I found out yesterday my super awesome hair girl is done doing hair at the end of this month (that would be Friday), so she squeezed me in yesterday and I had to make an executive summer decision. Yikes! I've already had the feeling of doom 10 times since. My sister will appreciate this. 
* The running is keeping on. Retiring wasn't in the cards for me, BUT I'm hurting since the marathon. Knee issue here, ankle issue there... I may quit if I find something equally as fulfilling but for now I will continue to tear my body apart joint by joint.

All in all we are doing fantastically. Super healthy, full-bellies, warm beds & clean clothes. Can't ask for anything else. Super grateful to God for the abundance he has blessed us with. <3










No comments:

Post a Comment