Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Australia Trip - Severely Belated

In February we were fortunate enough to get to take a vacation to Australia. Nick has always wanted to go, and has been saving Delta Skymiles forever and ever so we could fly business class all the way. We booked our flights back in April 2012, so we had lots of time to perfect our itinerary which changed many times in the process. I don't think we would change where we went and when in a million years. Our trip was absolutely perfect in every single way. I honestly get choked up talking (or thinking) about this trip. It was 17 days of bliss, peace, relaxation, stunning views, and romance with my best friend. We did go without the kids. Did I miss them? My own flesh and blood offspring? well of course I did!! I got overwhelmed a couple times with the distance between us, with the time change that made it difficult to facetime conveniently, and the lack of wi-fi which made facetimeing impossible. However, I'm a firm believer that absence makes the heart grow fonder, and I knew they were in good hands with mine and Nicholas' parents. It was so great to see them when we got home!

I do believe I left a piece of my heart in AU and will not get it back without going back and living there. Nicholas has explained to me many times the challenges that prevent us from doing so, but I believe I'm meant to be there...someday, maybe. 

Our Itinerary was as follows:

Travel day one: BNA-ATL-LAX-SYD
Travel day two: Explore Sydney/Relax
Travel day three: Sydney Zoo/Manley Beach/Olympic Park
Travel day four: Katoomba/Blue Mountains
Travel day five: Fly to Adelaide, drive to Talem Bend
Travel day six: Drive to Warrnambool via Grampians
Travel day seven: Start Great Ocean Road to Lorne
Travel day eight: Drive to Melbourne, fly to Perth
Travel day nine: Explore Perth, drive to Margaret River
Travel day ten: Southwest Beer Festival in Margaret River
Travel day eleven: Explore Margaret River/Indian Ocean
Travel day twelve: Drive to Perth, fly to Melbourne
Travel day thirteen: Explore Melbourne
Travel day fourteen: Explore Melbourne, fly to Sydney
Travel day fifteen: Coogee Beach
Travel day sixteen: Leave Sydney :( Fly to Seoul, South Korea
Travel day seventeen/eighteen: Fly to LAX-SLC-ATL-BNA

Nicholas made me this slide show of our trip for Mother's Day. It was the best mother's day gift ever. I watch it all the time. And cry. Enjoy. :) 

Update: I unfortunately couldn't upload this video to youtube (or I could but something about copyright infringement, and they took my soundtrack out!) This is the only way I can think to post it, but you need to download the file to view. I promise it's not a virus (mom). ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment