Saturday, June 22, 2013

Holy Poo My Baby Is Two

Where in the world does the time go?! It honestly feels like yesterday that we brought Adelaide home from the hospital. It's so weird that the kids don't seem older from one day to the next, however, they ARE getting bigger everyday. Close up you can't see it, so it feels like they go from this:


To this:

(Don't you love the hair?)

It's really such a bizarre feeling. 

I am so much enjoying Adelaide's summer birthday. With Holden birthday being in December, the unpredictable weather makes it much more difficult to enjoy a simple, inexpensive gathering with friends. We planned Adelaide's birthday at the Smyrna splash pad. We LOVE the splash pad for many reasons: 1. It's FREE. 2. It's really well kept and clean and 3. Fun water play without worrying about drowning. The downside is that it's far, probably a good 35-40 minutes from Nashville. 

We asked friends to pack a lunch and join us for cupcakes at the splash pad. It was without a doubt the most low stress party I have ever thrown. Everyone had a great time. It wasn't until all of the party paraphernalia was packed into the car that I realized I did not get one (not one!!!!) picture of said gathering. You must trust me when I say we had a great time and Adelaide was adorable in her little teal polka-dot ruffle-butt suit. 

Saturday consisted of birthday pancakes with sprinkles, yard-sale-ing with friends, and some pool time. 

Sunday was the big day. Adelaide went to church in her cute little "It's my birthday" shirt. 

This was the best picture I could get. This girl will not stand still! Something about being 2 I guess...

After church we went to the lake to celebrate with Nick's family. We ate lunch at the club and then to the boat for presents. 



We headed home for some napping and a little birthday celebration of our own: Presents, Hamburger picnic and Despicable Me.



The following Tuesday we had her two year well check. 90%ile in height (where did my kids come from?!) and 50%ile in weight. She's has healthy as a horse!!

Likes: Her "ups", Smoothies, Hotdogs, Baby dolls, bathtime, swimming, Caillou, My No No No Day book, "Jesus Loves Me", B-I-B-L-E

Dislikes: Car-rides, carrots, sharing, men, bugs

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADELAIDEY BUG!!


No comments:

Post a Comment