Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Parker Organization Update

I realize it's been FOREVER since I have posted, but I assure you, I have really good post ideas. That counts. Right?

Life have been insane. At work we have hit missions/audit/spring fundraiser season, which is always fun (minus the audit part). I love love watching mission trip members receive donations and chipping away at their balance. I kind of throw a little party for them in my head when they hit their goal...I understand that sounds insane. I'm a nerd. I think I mentioned that in my intro somewhere? 

Change the World for One is coming up!! April 24th, 2014 at The Factory in Franklin. Go here to buy tickets! If you have anything to go in our silent auction you can email me at colleen@ordinaryhero.org. To find out more about Ordinary Hero go to www.ordinaryhero.org. 

I've been running more than I have ever run in my life (or ever hoped to, if I'm going to be real honest here). I'm a 28 year old with 80 year old joints. Apparently that's okay since I choose to run. Or something like that. I'm planning to retire my running career in April. We will have to see if that actually happens. I think too much of my sanity depends on it. 

This mothering thing. Yeah, that takes a lot of time. Yelling disciplining, teaching, finding some alone time encouraging independent play, etc. A little update on the littles...

Holden: has increased his energy level (are you surprised?) and is learning to READ!! I love LOVE to read and I can only hope that my kids grow to love it too. We have been working on sight words for a couple of months and he just recently "graduated" from kindergarten sight words. Watching him learn to read is really really fun. He loves the independence that comes with that. We register him for kindergarten at the end of this month! What?! Where has my baby boy gone? I try to remind him as much as possible that he will be my baby even if he towers over me. That will be next month probably. We finally cut his hair and then he cut a little bit of it himself as well...oy vey. Don't worry, it will grow out again. 

Non-biased opinion: He's gorgeous.

Adelaide aka Miss Sassy Pants: We are officially in the two's. They aren't too terrible...yet. Although I haven't forgotten three's and the insanity fun that they hold.  She throws her fair share of fits and dramatics, but for the most part she loves to snuggle, eat snacks non-stop, and play with her big brother. Before she asks a questions she says "Can you tell me sompfing?", and when I ask her pretty much anything she says "There's no reason." regardless of the question. Such a fun age. She recently got the opportunity to model for Ordinary Hero's new spring line. Coming to the Ordinary Hero store soon!

She's not ornery. Promise.

All in all the kids are getting easier. Both are potty trained - I can leave the house without a diaper bag, both are in big kid beds, both are in school. They can play without a ton of supervision - until they eat some toothpaste. That didn't happen. Yes it did. I'm really looking forward to this summer. I think galavanting around town with a 3 and a 5 year old will be really fun. We plan to hit the splash pad, science center, beach, library, and an assortment of parks & pools. 

Nick? Nick who? No I'm totally kidding. Nick works lots and lots six days per week. He tends to get home around 7pm, the kids go to bed at 8:30 and with my early (too freakin' early) wake up call, I go to bed about 8:35. We seriously need a date night. Ask my for my paypal if you want to donate to the fund. ;) Luckily we have my good friend & first roomie Jen Weber's wedding in Chicago this weekend! SO excited to get some time with Nicholas. We plan to eat some good food, celebrate some good friends, and sleep in! 

Nick planned something special for Valentine's Day this year. Last year we were flying across the continent of Australia from Melbourne to Perth on vday and it's impossible really hard to beat that! BUT Nick decided to bring Australia home with Aussie burgers, Aussie beer, and Tim Tam Slams!
Aussie burgers consist of grass-fed beef patties, over-medium egg, beets, greens, & bbq sauce. Aussie beer is Coopers, compliments of World Market. Coopers was the first beer we enjoyed on our first day in Sydney. 
I'd so love to keep Tim Tam Slams a secret, but really it's too good not to share. In the states these chocolate covered sandwich cookies are called Arnotts and can also be found at World Market. All you have to do is bite a bit off opposite corners of the cookie, then suck freshly brewed coffee through it like a straw and eat before it melts. You are welcome. 


Nick Tim Tam Slamming


Thanks for stopping by!! Coming soon...why I have lost my mind (like you need more reasons) and freezer slow-cooker meals review!

No comments:

Post a Comment